1. According to LaMar Hasbrouck, the Executive Director of NACCHO, how can we achieve the goal of dealing with existing public health challenges and also the unexpected challenges that arise?
2. What does the concept of “place” look like in your life? Think about where were you born, where you live, learn,work, play, worship. How do these concepts of “place” affect your health, functioning and quality of life outcomes and risks?
3. Think about your physical environment–the neighborhood in which you live or the places you frequently visit. Within walking distance of your home (1.5 miles one way) or on public transportation, do you have easy access to the resources that enhance quality of life as mentioned above? Discuss.
4. Where is childhood homelessness getting worse?
5. Watching the obesity trends over time (from the powerpoint presentation) what can you say about the rates of obesity, related to place, over time? How do parents factor into the rise in childhood obesity rates, when considering this information?