Microbiology 1 Revision questions
1. Compare and contrast disinfection and sterilization, citing examples of substances of used in the processes. (20 mks)
2. State any ten terminologies used in microbiology and their definitions. (20 mks)
3. Compare and contrast the structure of a fungal cell and bacterial cell. (20 mks)
4. Describe types of media used in microbiology and how they are prepared. (20 mks)
5. Describe type of stains and their uses in microbiology. (20 mks)
6. Viruses are not living organisms. Discuss.
7. A disadvantage of microorganisms far outweighs their advantages. Discuss. (20 mks)
8. Outline factors that determine distribution of microorganisms in an ecosystem. (20 mks)
9. Explain methods used in cleaning in microbiology laboratory. ( 20 mks)
10. Explain the importance of microbiology.