Begin your entry by opening a blank word processing document in which to place all your notes. Visit each of the sites listed as well as the links to the political cartoons and complete the following tasks.
- Select five political cartoons. For each of the political cartoons you choose:
- Write the subject or issue that the cartoon criticizes.
- Discuss the visual and verbal elements that combine to produce the meaning and effect.
- Identify the elements of satire the creator uses. Refer to the list of elements above and those listed in the slideshow.
- Create one- or two-sentence summary of each cartoon, where you discuss whether the cartoonist is effective in conveying his message.
Here is the link to the cartoons: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/herblock/essay3.htm
You will find the cartoons at the very bottom. Thank you!